Thursday, October 20, 2011

PUMPKINS!

Well, it's pumpkin season! It has been quite some time since the last time I actually carved a pumpkin for Halloween. And to be honest, I can't exactly remember when the last time was!? I know...inexcusable. But this year I couldn't wait to get carving. My brother, Taylor, his girlfriend, Gia, and I decided we would have a little contest this year: who could carve the BEST pumpkin? We weren't allowed to follow a pattern or look up ideas on the internet; we had to do it all on our own. Needless to say, everyone thinks their own pumpkin is the best, but as you can see by my pictures, my guy definitely takes the cake! I was a little rusty, so I decided to just take it easy and do my thing: basic shapes. Haha!

                             
My artwork. Me and my main man, Bucky the Mustache Rider. I was going to attempt to carve a pirate, so that is where the X's for eyes come into play. However, then I couldn't figure out how to continue onwards with that idea, enter: the mustache. The hardest part was carving the circular lineage perfectly in order to display the best possible mustache a pumpkin could ask for. I was nearing the end of my carving when I realized two eyes and a mustache isn't enough. It was missing a little something...a mouth or teeth or something?! And to finish my masterpiece, BUCK TEETH. Here is Bucky in all his glory...


As you can see, Bucky the Mustache Rider is pretty phenom. But just to be fair, take a look at the... close runners up! Gia's cat, Fluffy and Taylor's...let's say...abstract ManGuy.

What do you guys think?! Who's pumpkin deserves the best spot near the front door? I mean, I think it's fairly obvious that Bucky is golden...

2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed by your mustache carving! And i was totally going to carve my pumpkin into a cat haha! go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, girl! It took some time, but i had to make sure it was perfect!!

    ReplyDelete