Wednesday, February 26, 2014

spring break ... the bank

The countdown has officially begun.

I have less than one month until spring break finally graces me with its wondrous pleasure. I usually don't do anything terribly extravagant or exciting for school breaks, BUT things have quite a different outlook this time around. In a few short weeks, my family and I will be on a plane headed to Hawaii. I have never been to the "Aloha State" before, so this trip will be a totally new and exciting experience for me. Just the thought of spending a week at the beach - drinking fruity drinks with tiny little umbrellas and working on a killer tan - gives me goosebumps.

All of my excitement turned into panic when I found myself wondering, "What am I going to wear? What am I going to pack?" If you know me at all, I'm sure you can imagine that it was at this point in the thought process that the online window shopping began...

Unfortunately, I'm the stereotypical super poor college student, and the likelihood of me getting the chance to buy all of the items I deem to be "vacay necessities" before I leave is pretty slim. Nevertheless, I spent a good hour and a half or so putting together the ultimate day-at-the-beach outfit. Here are my top 5 necessities for the beach!


1st necessity: a fun and exotic swim suit.
Darling Daisy Flutter Bikini, Forever21 - Top $10.80, Bottom $10.80



2nd necessity: a sun dress that can act as a suit cover up
Racerback maxi dress, alloy.com - $19.90





3rd necessity: trendy summer sandals
Sinicle Sandal, by Steve Madden - $49.95







4th necessity: a wide-brimmed sun hat. Because how often to you have a reason to wear one?
Weaved Sun Hat, Forever21 - $14.80


5th necessity: a beach bag to hold your towel, sunscreen, bottle of water and cell phone
Beach Tote, Target - $24.99






Breaking that bank...but a girl can dream.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that adds up to about $130-$140 (quick math in my head)! That's a lot of moola for a poor college student!

    ReplyDelete