Thursday, July 11, 2013

my kryptonite...online shopping

In my line of work I spend a lot of time at a computer. I mean A LOT of time...oh the joys of working the front desk at a country club. Only so much of that time can be spent checking and updating all of my social media networks, reading the blogs I follow, and catching up on breaking news. Luckily, there is one other thing the internet is good for...online shopping. I spend quite a bit of time online window shopping, creating "wish lists," putting things in my "cart," and if all goes well, making it all the way to the end of the line...also known as "check out," where all of your money goes POOF and all your dreams come true.
The other day, one of my friends asked me which shopping sites were my favorite. This question got me thinking I should share my go-to websites with everyone, and in return, you can all share yours with me. In other words, we can all feed each others addiction to shopping, or materialism, it's really however you chose to look at it. Anyways, here are a few of the sites I visit most frequently....


I love Hautelook because they offer such a great variety of goods and items available for purchase. They have the following categories: men, women, children, home, and beauty. Within each category there are various designers and brands to chose from, each offering a plethora of items on MAJOR discount. I also love Hautelook because they offer high end brands and designers as well as less expensive labels and everything in between!

On another note, Hautelook has just a couple negative qualities. First, you have to create an account by providing an email address. This isn't a huge deal, but you will receive daily emails from them. The only other bummer about this site is the shipping. Sometimes your order will come fairly quickly and other times it can take up to a couple of weeks, it all depends on where it is being shipped from.


Tobi is a seriously amazing site for young women. I would consider it to be tailored to women between the ages of 16-25 (give or take a few years). They offer a huge variety of apparel. Even better, each section (i.e. sweaters, swim wear, etc) literally has hundreds of items to chose from. I would say the pricing is moderate, for example: you can find a pair of shorts ranging anywhere between $25-$70, depending on what you're looking for. All of their clothes are super hot and right on trend. Another bonus, if you have any questions about the clothes or shipping, they have a comments section at the bottom of their homepage that proves to be incredibly helpful. Need more convincing to check them out? You can get 50% of your ENTIRE first order!

As far as I am concerned, the only bummer about Tobi is that it requires you to create an account, similar to Hautelook. This means that you'll get multiple emails throughout the week.


Last but not least, there is a lovely site that goes by the name of Nasty Gal. Similar to Tobi, this site is tailored specifically towards women; if you couldn't tell by the name. Most of the clothing and accessories offered here are a bit more wild and risque, but seriously stylish nonetheless. The price point is a bit up there, but if you're dying to find something unique and trendy, it would definitely be worth it to drop your dime here! Nasty Gal even has a vintage section with a lot of cute and interesting old-school pieces available for purchase...if you've got the funds. Even better, you aren't required to set up an account for purchases. You are more than welcome to create an account if you'd like, but you are also given the option to place an order as a "guest."

So, all in all, I would say the only downside to this site is the price point. There are definitely items that will cost a pretty penny, but they would totally be worth it! And if you're budget is a bit smaller, take a look anyways, there are plenty of less expensive items available...and as always, check out the sale section!



So, there you have it! I hope you all enjoy these sites and maybe you'll even snag a seriously exciting deal on a new pair of summer shorts or a darling summer dress. You'll never know if you don't click on the links....so do it! CLICK.

No comments:

Post a Comment