Friday, November 22, 2013

Top 5 Reasons You Should Drop Everything and Go See Hunger Games Catching Fire

Well, it's safe to say J-Law and company seriously upped the ante in the newest release of The Hunger Games series. Oh, you didn't think it was possible? Buy a ticket to the next showing and then come to the table ready to talk. I'll be waiting.

However, if you're one of the few people in the WORLD that has not yet read the books or even watched the first movie, I would suggest you take a minute or two to re-evaluate your life and your choices. Once you finally come to your senses and embrace The Hunger Games for what it is (which is perfection), the rest of us will start taking you seriously.

That being said, this post is for the rest of the world - the ones who've already taken the necessary steps to embrace The Hunger Games pandemonium. BUT, before I continue, I should probably warn you all to read at your own risk. There may or may not be a spoiler or two in this post. It really all depends on if you've read the books, and if you have not, how much you want to know before seeing the movie.

So, let's talk Catching Fire.

This movie completely blew my expectations out of the water (which is kind of punny considering the arena of the Quarter Quell). I was completely captivated from beginning to end. I fell in love with everything in this movie. EVERYTHING.

BUT, if I were forced to come up with just five reasons why I think YOU should go check it out, these would be it:


1. J-Law's acting was ON POINT. The raw emotion she displayed was absolutely incredible. Goosebump inducing, really; she even had me shedding a few tears. I would argue that she is one of the best actresses of our generation. I'm positive she is my spirit animal.



2. Peeta's everlasting love for Katniss will MELT YOUR HEART. An unusual love story weaved into a tragic fight to the death...it's not quite you're typical fairytale. The way he looks at her and treats her might be the most adorable thing I've ever seen. All things considered, is it realistic? Probably not. Charming? Without a doubt. #teampeeta



3. Finnick Odair. YES PLEASE. Cocky or confident? Who cares, really...am I right, or am I right?



4. Katniss' archery skills are KILLER (figuratively and literally). In the first movie, it was made clear that archery was Katniss' strong suit. But in Catching Fire, her archery is on a whole other level. Watching her train before the games is a serious adrenaline rush. On another note, I'll probably be signing up for archery classes in the near future...



5. Caesar Flickerman is the Ryan Seacrest of the Capital...only not at all like Ryan Seacrest because Caesar is actually interesting to watch and listen to. Half of his lines are literally him just laughing, but he is fantastic nonetheless. Probably the only man to make purple hair and eyebrows look just right.



No comments:

Post a Comment