Monday, November 14, 2011

new music

     Music is a relatively huge part of my life. I literally listen to music for at least two hours a day: to and from school, in the car, when doing homework, when cleaning, and most importantly when I am just relaxing. I do my best to keep up with who or what's new by checking iTunes on a weekly basis. I LOVE finding new music to listen to over and over and recommend to my closest friends. I usually like a little bit of everything, yet at the same time, I am hugely picky with what I consider to be "good" music. My all time favorite genre of music is easily, hands down COUNTRY. Generally, all the songs within this genre are down to earth and have true, unique meaning. Because of this, I find myself gravitating toward country more so than any other genre in the music industry.

     In terms of what I listen to, my country artist go-tos as of now are definitely Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton, Lady Antebellum, Gloriana, The Band Perry and most importantly and most recently, Scotty McCreery!

     I literally just bought Scotty's new album "Clear As Day" off of iTunes last night and I have probably listened to it 8+ times on repeat. As much as I hate to say it, I feel like most people underrate him as an artist particularly because he is 17 years young and has blasted only since winning American Idol. I'm sure these negative individuals assume he'll get his fifteen minutes of fame and be out of here in no time. However, I'll have to politely, yet completely disagree. He showed everyone on American Idol that he can sing an insane range of notes, put meaning behind what he's singing regardless of his age, and proved to be a clearly genuine artist that has stayed true to himself since making it in the industry. If you even slightly enjoy listening to country, I STRONGLY suggest you listen to his new music. Go beyond listening to his top two songs because his entire album is amazing. He was given the opportunity to record songs that were written by well known artists and songwriters such as Keith Urban and Chris Tompkins that not only stayed within the country genre, but also that you as the listener could see he had a connection to. Let me know what you think! What are your favorite songs?

    Side note: he's adorable, which obviously makes you want to listen to it even more, I mean, if you know what's good for you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment