Friday, February 22, 2013

my future (dream) bedroom.

Good news ya'll! It turns out I'll finally be moving closer to campus in the near future, and I can hardly wait to decorate my new room. I am all for making my bedroom a cozy, chic place to call my very own. That being said, I have literally spent way too much time on Pinterest gathering ideas about color schemes, decorations, linens, accents, and storage ideas. I tend to change my mind on interior design ideas quite frequently, but I really do hope that my bedroom turns out to look similar to the ideas I have put together in the little collage below! I am aiming for a chic, yet young and eclectic vibe. What do you think? Any more ideas?


PAINT: I'm thinking about painting the walls a light, soft gray color with a coral horizontal accent stripe on at least one, maybe two walls.

LINENS: I absolutely love the look of crisp white! This particular duvet cover is from Anthropologie and costs an absolute fortune. In a perfect world, I would snag it in a heart beat. But rather than spending $400 on a comforter, I will be on the look out for a less expensive knock off/copy cat (let me know if you find a similar one some where)! For sheets, I am considering either a solid or patterned coral color.

PILLOWS: I am a huge fan of having a ton of pillows, both comfortable and decorative. I'm hoping to find a handful of cute, multicolored, patterned pillows for my bed. They are an easy way to incorporate a lot of colors without being terribly overwhelming. All the pillows in my collage are from Pier 1!

ACCENTS: In my new house the floors are all hard wood, so I'm definitely going to need an area rug! I'd like a rather plain rug with some kind of a simple pattern. As the pillows will incorporate a lot of color/pattern, I want to keep the rug minimal, like this light gray rug I found on overstock.com. To make the room chic complete, I'll add a few key accents like the feminine Pier 1 lamp and mirror above.

I honestly cannot wait to get started decorating my new room and starting fresh in a new town with new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment